Wednesday brings the excitement of Tesla (TSLA) and Netflix (NFLX) reporting their earnings after the markets close. As traders eagerly await these results, let's dive into what to expect from these tech giants and explore some strategies for trading during this earnings season.
Tesla's Q2 Earnings Preview:
Tesla has been breaking records in the second quarter, delivering over 466,000 vehicles. This strong performance, coupled with various incentives and price cuts, has kept demand on the rise. However, investors are curious about how these efforts have impacted the company's profitability. Tesla is willing to sacrifice some margins for growth, resulting in a decline in its gross and operating margins. Yet, analysts believe this could be the bottom for margins, anticipating a recovery in the second half of 2023. To maintain its impressive stock rally, Tesla needs to impress investors with its earnings report. Learn more about what to expect in our Tesla Q2 Earnings Preview.
Netflix's Q2 Earnings Preview:
Netflix's stock has surged over 48% this year, with the company focusing on growth and profitability. A crackdown on password sharing and the introduction of a new ad-supported tier are part of their strategy to regain market confidence. Subscribers are back on the rise, and Netflix is expected to have added 1.8 million net new subscribers in Q2. The crackdown on password sharing, which was rolled out in over 100 countries, will be a key focus, as its effects are analysed for the first time. A successful execution of these strategies could lead to a positive earnings surprise, while a miss might signal that the plan is slower to take off than anticipated. For insights on Netflix's Q2 results, check out our Netflix Q2 Earnings Preview.
How to begin forex trading: Strategies for Trading during Earnings Season
1. Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough research on the companies and their financials, considering analysts' expectations and recent news. Understanding the fundamentals will provide valuable insights for your trades.
2. Volatility Management: Be prepared for increased volatility during earnings season. Utilise risk management tools like stop-loss orders to protect your capital.
3. Monitor Analyst Expectations: Keep an eye on analysts' earnings estimates as they can influence market reactions. Significant deviations from these estimates may cause price swings.
4. Post-Earnings Trading: Consider waiting for the initial market reaction to subside before making your moves. This can help you avoid impulsive decisions and capitalise on more stable trends.
5. Diversification: Spread your risk across different assets to protect your portfolio from significant losses associated with individual earnings reports.
6. Understanding the Reports: Carefully analyse earnings reports, paying attention to revenue, earnings figures, guidance for future performance, and management commentary.
7. Avoid Blind Speculation: Base your trading decisions on well-researched information and analysis rather than relying on rumours or speculation.
How to begin forex trading, look for for the best-regulated brokers for trading CFDs, visit our website at www.chumpprofit.com/stock-market-brokers.
Remember that trading involves risks, and it's crucial to carefully consider your investment objectives and risk appetite before trading CFDs. If you're new to CFD trading or unsure about the risks involved, seek advice from a qualified financial advisor.
Stay informed and up-to-date with the latest market insights by subscribing to Chump Profit's blog at www.chumpprofit.com.
About the Author:
Kyriacos Kyriacou is an experienced trader, broker, and forex educator. He holds a B.A. in Economics from Liverpool University and an M.S. in Marketing from Surrey University.
Trading and investing carry financial risks and could lead to partial or complete loss of funds. Invest only what you can afford to lose and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have doubts about your investment choices.